is a welcoming environment for the university faculty, researchers and postgraduates where you get support and guidance to succeed with writing challenges.
Center for Academic Writing “Impulse”
Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted.
Writing is thinking on paper.
When writing about science, don't simplify the science; simplify the writing.
Writing is a lot easier if you have something to say.
The reason one writes isn't the fact he wants to say something. He writes because he has something to say.
Good writing is clear thinking made visible.
A man who is ignorant of foreign languages is also ignorant of his own language.
Only the educated are free.
One`s work may be finished someday, but one`s education never.
What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul.
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
The Center for Academic Writing “Impulse” (CAWI)
- Our mission is to give the university faculty and researchers an impulse to develop their scientific writing and communication skills. We contribute to increasing the number of scientific publications in international journals.
- to design and run scientific writing courses
- to provide one-on-one consulting sessions on a scientific paper draft
- to conduct training workshops and seminars
- to offer one-on-one consulting sessions on preparing oral presentations for international conferences
- to arrange professional development courses on scientific writing and communication delivered by Russian and international experts
The Center's trainers shared their strategies for supporting the university researchers to become more confident second language writers.