Center for Academic Writing “Impulse”
Writing is the best way to talk without being interrupted.
Writing is thinking on paper.
When writing about science, don't simplify the science; simplify the writing.
Writing is a lot easier if you have something to say.
The reason one writes isn't the fact he wants to say something. He writes because he has something to say.
Good writing is clear thinking made visible.
A man who is ignorant of foreign languages is also ignorant of his own language.
Only the educated are free.
One`s work may be finished someday, but one`s education never.
What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul.
Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
Семинары–тренингиПриглашаем аспирантов, исследователей и научно-педагогических работников ТюмГУ принять участие в семинарах-тренингах по академической коммуникации на следующие темы:
- Scientific Article Structure: General Overview
- Dos and Don’ts of Scientific Writing
- Tense Usage in a Scientific Article
- How to Write an Abstract
- Active Voice Versus Passive Voice
- Punctuation Tips for Scientific Writing
- Using Commas in Scientific Writing
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Reading Strategies for a Scientific Article
- Using Articles in Scientific Writing
- Choosing British or America English for a Scientific Article
- Referencing Strategies
- Title, Keywords, and Abstract
- Writing Simple & Concise Sentences
Расписание семинаров-тренингов на май 2017